In an endeavor to champion one of the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – Zero Hunger, the “No Waste No Hunger” project has emerged as a beacon of hope. Esteemed ambassadors hailing from diverse corners of the world have enthusiastically rallied behind this noble cause, with individuals like Youssef Esawy, Lauren Sesselmann, Gulpari Bayramova, Yohanis Gebreyesus and Victoria Romero at the forefront.
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals are a set of goals that were agreed upon by all 193 UN member states in 2015. These goals cover issues ranging from poverty to health and wellness, to climate change and clean energy. One of these goals is to end hunger, achieve food security, and improve nutrition while ensuring sustainable agriculture.
Every year, global food waste costs $1 trillion–enough money to feed 2 billion people!
A project called “No Waste No Hunger” aims to educate people about the importance of reducing food waste. The project is created by Mediamark Digital and started with ambassadors from different countries who will help to reach more people and remind them of the importance of reducing waste.
- Youssef Esawy, a well-known model and fashion content creator, has joined the #NoWasteNoHunger campaign. With more than 5 million cumulative followers on Instagram and TikTok, Youssef is passionate about helping the project raise awareness about food waste and global hunger issues. His creative ideas and high-quality content have inspired millions.
- Lauren Sesselmann, an American-born Canadian soccer player and Olympic bronze medalist, has also embraced the “No Waste No Hunger” project. Lauren was a member of the Canada national team from 2011 to 2015 and is a trainer, producer, and host of the fitness DVD program “Fit As A Pro with Lauren Sesselmann.” Her dedication to the cause is evident in her commitment to making a difference.
- Gulpari Bayramova, a successful Azerbaijani businesswoman, brings her expertise to the “No Waste No Hunger” project. As the chairperson of the Azerbaijan International Business Partners Club (BPC) and the founder of the Agromix Company, she is recognized as one of the most distinguished female entrepreneurs in Azerbaijan. Gulpari Bayramova’s social outreach activities have earned her accolades, including the “Dayaq” Award as a successful female entrepreneur in 2022.
- Yohanis Gebreyesus, an international author, chef, and managing director of CY Dynamics, has a deep-rooted passion for traditional Ethiopian cuisine. His cookbook, “Ethiopia: Recipes and Traditions from the Horn of Africa,” clinched the 2019 James Beard Award for Best International Cookbook. Yohanis’s culinary expertise and commitment to sustainable practices make him an invaluable addition to the project.
- Victoria Romero, a Mexican diplomat, has thrown her weight behind the #NoWasteNoHunger campaign. With an illustrious career in the Mexican Foreign Service since 1992, Victoria’s dedication to international affairs is evident. Her roles include serving as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Mexico in Azerbaijan, among others. Victoria’s diverse skill set, including expertise in climate change, public diplomacy, human rights, and gender equality, makes her a vital advocate for the cause. Victoria Romero has been recognized for her exemplary service, including the “Mexican Foreign Service Award for 25 Years of Service” in 2018 and the prestigious “Dannenbrog Order, Knight,” awarded on the occasion of the State Visit of Queen Margarethe II to Mexico in 2008.
Orkhan Rzayev, the founder of the “No Waste No Hunger” project, envisions a world where education and awareness lead the way in combating food waste. He believes that by collaborating with celebrities, organizations, hotels, and restaurants, they can find more effective ways to draw attention to global hunger and food waste.
The project has already made waves, featuring prominently on the streets of New York and London, as well as in major media outlets. In a heartwarming show of support, a restaurant in Baku, Azerbaijan, has adorned their tables with posters endorsing the campaign. These posters serve as a visual reminder to customers about the significance of reducing food waste and extending a helping hand to those in need.
“No Waste No Hunger” is not just a project; it’s a movement that seeks to change the narrative surrounding food waste and hunger. With passionate ambassadors like Youssef Esawy, Lauren Sesselmann, Gulpari Bayramova, Yohanis Gebreyesus, and Victoria Romero leading the charge, there is newfound hope that we can take significant strides toward achieving the UN’s Zero Hunger goal. By spreading awareness, educating communities, and fostering collaboration, this project shines a light on the pressing issue of food waste while paving the way for a more sustainable and compassionate world. It reminds us that by collectively addressing this issue, we can ensure that there is “No Waste” and “No Hunger” in our shared future.