As a publicity expert, nothing lights Selena Soo up like elevating visionary entrepreneurs who are meant to change the world.
Selena shares that she finds so much joy in serving her students, clients, and team everyday and taking care of herself is an important part of showing up for them to the best of my ability.
Selena Soo says that health is the #1 priority for her , so she makes time for the things that help her function well and feel her best. If you’re working on building your own self-care routine, Selena shares her day-to-day life and how she makes her wellbeing a priority and she hopes it inspires you to do the same.
Into Selena’s Day to Day Routine
“I typically get 8-9 hours of sleep per night, and usually try to be in bed by 9:30pm. Without ample sleep, I can’t function as my best self, so this is non-negotiable for me. Plus, the early morning start allows me to focus on my most important tasks while I’m free of any distractions.
Besides saying good morning to my sweet kitty Tiger, the first thing I do when I wake up is drink water. I aim to drink 100 fluid ounces every day! I also exercise every morning — sometimes with my virtual personal trainer, other times by taking a walk or going for a hike.
I also make sure to get a massage a couple of times a month. Not only is it incredibly relaxing, but I find that I get my very best business ideas on the massage table (making it a very profitable activity!) During my busiest periods of work, like my annual launch of Impacting Millions®, I double-down on my self-care routine.
I use my Google calendar to run my business and life. If there’s something I need to do, like write a set of emails, I block out a chunk of time on my calendar for it. I don’t just assume it’ll get done. This also prevents me from overextending myself, because I can look at my calendar and see that there literally aren’t enough hours to add another thing to my plate.
To make the most of my time, I also attach documents to my calendar entries (with notes, research, handy links), so I can dive into a working session with everything I need at my fingertips.”
Here’s what a typical workday looks like for me:
● 5:30am – My alarm goes off, and it’s time to rise and shine. To wake myself up, I play a few of my favorite upbeat songs on Spotify or lie on my acupuncture mat. Then I spend time journaling and setting intentions for the day.
● 6:30am – I check my messages and social media, and may even bang out a few important work emails. This makes me feel super productive, like I’m getting a big head start on the day. One of my favorite things about living in Puerto Rico is getting outside to enjoy nature, so I love to go hiking in the mornings.
● 7:45am – I take a shower, make a green smoothie, and get ready for the day.
● 9am – If it’s Monday, I have a call with my Accountability Coach to review my weekly commitments and 90-day goals, which include two business goals and one personal goal. Otherwise, I dive into work.
● 9:45am to 11:45am – Time to focus on my top priorities, which often include tasks like content creation (emails, marketing copy, presentations, video), relationship building, or strategy and planning with my team.
● 11:45am to 1pm – Lunch break.
● 1pm to 3:30pm – I meet virtually with my team, clients, affiliate partners, business colleagues, or media friends.
● 3:30pm to 4pm – Snack break (or a snuggle break with Tiger) or continue working.
● 4pm to 5:30pm – Leading a group coaching call for my mastermind clients or students.
● 5:30pm to 6pm – Wrapping up my work day. I would love to completely end my work day at 6pm, but that doesn’t always happen, especially if there’s a launch coming up. I’ll usually jump back on my computer at 8pm or so and get another 30 minutes to an hour of work done.
● 9:30pm – Time for bed!
I hope that sharing this behind-the-scenes look into my routine has inspired you to build your own schedule for daily productivity and to make time for self-care, too!