The prestigious Super Lawyers organization has recognized attorney James M. Porfido as a Top Rated New Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyer for 2022.
Attorney James Porfido was listed as a “Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Morristown, NJ” in the most recent edition of Super Lawyers 2022. Attorneys who have been in practice for 20 years or more with an average client rating of 4.5/5 stars or higher qualify for consideration in the Top Rated category, according to the Super Lawyers website.
“James M. Porfido was selected as a Top Rated New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney for 2022 and for the past 20+ years. James has been featured in several exclusive lists of best-rated attorneys over the years in Criminal Defense after thorough evaluation of numerous criteria,” according to Paul Motyka, a representative for the law firm.
Super Lawyers uses a comprehensive selection process that includes nominations by fellow attorneys, independent research, and peer review.
Attorney James M. Porfido is a former prosecutor who now fights for the accused and he is committed to helping individuals who face criminal charges. He brings over 30 years of legal experience and is certified by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey.
As a 1988 graduate of the University of Bridgeport School of Law, James M. Porfido founded the firm after working as an Assistant Morris County Prosecutor from 1989 to 1997. In that role, he served as the chief prosecutor of the Vehicular Homicide and Assault by Auto Unit, as well as the chief of the Sex Crimes and Child Abuse Unit. This experience provides him with invaluable insights into how prosecutors build their cases and where to find weaknesses. He also has a thorough understanding of the leeway prosecutors have in negotiating settlements and alternative sentences.
Honesty, compassion, personalization, and community are the core values upon which Porfido bases his legal practice.
James M. Porfido possesses several achievements, honors and awards, including:
- Dedication and Service Award, New Jersey Coalition of Crime Victims
- Service Award, Policemen’s Benevolent Association (PBA)
- Achievement Award, Fraternal Order of Police (FOP)
- Borough of Mountain Lakes, Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, Municipal Public Defender, 2001 – Present
- Township of Denville, New Jersey, Municipal Public Defender, 2001 – Present
- Morris County Bar Association (MCBA), Member
- New Jersey Bar Association (NJBA), Member
- Animal Legal Defense, Attorney Member
- New Jersey Bar Association (NJBA), Criminal Law Section, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association (NJBA), Sports and Entertainment Law Sections, Member
- National Italian American Bar Association (NIABA), Member
- New Jersey Certified Criminal Trial Attorney Association (NJCCTA), Member, 1995 – Present
- Teresa G. Wright Promise Foundation, Member, Board of Directors
About James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law
Based in Morristown, New Jersey the criminal defense law firm of James M. Porfido, assists people throughout surrounding areas of New Jersey in cases involving criminal defense, DUI charges, juvenile crimes, and other criminal matters, including high-profile criminal trial cases. The firm’s office is located at 31 Washington Street, Morristown, NJ 07960. For more information, you can reach the firm by phone at 973-683-1140 or fill out an online contact form.